Wednesday 16 November 2016

Speed Dating

   Speed dating is the thing I have never tried. But I think it would be a great adventure for me. If I go speed dating , I will wear a fashion dress , a necklace and earrings. I believe,that if you wear something elegant , you will naturally feel more confident . How will I feel when arrive in the bar? I am a shy person, so I think I will feel uncomfortable and nervous in the situation,when a dozen of strangers look up and down you. 
   Well , then I will take a seat and will be looking for the first boy. My first conversation will be strained and incredulous , because I will be shocked by new experience. But after the first few rounds, I will be more talkative and I will just enjoy my dating. Nevertheless , good manners and modesty are the important things of successful dating. I am not going to share my secrets or to pretend that I am a sweet girl. "Just be yourself!" will be the motto of my dating.
                                                                               

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should feel legs in such situations.Alena,you coped with this task very well,but in sentences,that are one by one ( I believe,that if you wear something elegant , you will naturally feel more confident . How will I feel when arrive in the bar?) you should avoid synonymic words:in this case it is the verb "feel". Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kseniya, thank you very much!
      My teacher of Ukrainian always says such remark.

      Delete
  4. It's a good story, but it seems to me that it is better to say "IT would be a great adventure for me" instead "I would be a great adventure for me".Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thank you! It is an erratum. I will edit my post.

      Delete
  5. It`s really exciting story and you even added a nice picture, I find it very pretty) I must say that you`ve described your appearance in details that I could imagine how it looks in reality. It was very interesting for me to get to know something new about your behaviour in new situations. You did really great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irina, it is so touching!
      Thank you very much!

      Delete
  6. Such a nice story - good job! You have a really circumspect plan of this date. Personally I agree that being yourself in any situation is a viable alternative.
    You`ve made few mistakes:
    1) You shouldn`t use unnecessary intervening spaces in the text (before commas).
    2) It is better to say "to go out on a date" or "to have a date" instead of "go dating".
    3) Word "fashion" is a noun. There are a lot of adjectives for saying "модний", such as fashionable, trendy, stylish, fancy, smart and so on.
    4) "How will I feel when arrive in the bar?". If we are talking about a big place (a country or a town) then we say "arrive in". When we are talking about a small place (individual house or building) we say "arrive at".
    5) "look up and down you" - in this context it is better to say "from head to toe".

    ReplyDelete