Saturday 19 November 2016

My story | What progress have I made?

      University is a great source of knowledge . We learn a lot of new important information and make progress . Today I want to tell you about my achievements in learning English . 
       The first course hasn't yet ended , but I have already noticed a lot of good results. Firstly , my English is really has improved . The periods of Practical Course of English have enriched my vocabulary by new words and phrases such as " it goes without saying ", " modesty" . "carbohydrates" , "to stagger imagination" , " to come down from generalities to particulars" etc. It is also important to note , that we also have a special vocabulary such as " Household Language ", " Body Language","Colour Language" and "Hearty Language".It is not only very useful , but also very interesting. For example ,do you know what it means "bed of roses"  ," to throw the book at s/b ", " to talk a blue steak " ? And what about " to go through the wringer "? Not every person knows what it means , but thanks for the periods of Practical Course of English I do.
     Our periods are versatile . We don't just read the books and do the exercises . We learn the dialogues  , that helps me to train my memory and pronunciation. By the way , sometimes they are very funny , so it also helps me to relax . Moreover,we learn the typescripts to improve our pronunciation . Now I know how to pronounce words such as "cocoa", "ham","chat", "burglary", I understand the difference in pronunciation sounds  /æ/ , /e/ , /eɪ/. We record our typescripts using a camera. Can you believe it ? Every group just present them in class , but we have a great opportunity to listen ourselves , correct mistakes and try our best. So, now I am not afraid of recording myself . In addition, we post the typescripts on our blog. We keep up with the times. Thanks for it , I am a successful blogger and I can estimate my group-mates. 
     Moreover , we have also additional Internet learning . I have completed the course "Tricky English Grammar " and have scored 99 % out of 100 % . It was very useful . I improved my grammar  and enriched my vocabulary by new phrasal verbs and collocations.
    Finally , I am really very satisfied with the results in my English . I have made great progress , thanks for the periods of Practical Course of English . The learning process is so difficult , but it feels the results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment