Sunday 20 November 2016

Reflection

These three months changed everything in my life: my priorities, my attitude toward some points of my extra-curriculum activities and studying. And, of course, due to my university I gained a lot of new knowledge and experience.
First of all, during this time I and all my classmates paid a lot of attention for improve our English skills. As for me, I learnt plenty of new words which are very useful. Comparing vocabulary, that I have 3 months ago, and my vocabulary nowadays, I understand that it got easier to me read articles in English or watch films. It goes without saying that grammar is very relevant too for every translator, so we paid a lot of attention for exercises from grammar book by Raymond Murphy.
Secondly, I try to improve my pronunciation. Short funny dialogs which we learn for every lesson and audio of our scripts help me.
Finally, I discovered such useful  online platform as Coursera, which give us an opportunity to enhance our knowledge in all areas. When we speak about languages, you can improve your spelling, deal with some complicated points of English and refresh your skills.

Anyway, the main thing I realized, the best way for learning languages is practicing. You mustn’t be afraid of speaking English because everybody sometimes make mistakes and nobody is perfect, but only through the practicing you can come close to being professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment