Sunday 20 November 2016

Coursera.Introduction.Week 1.

Answer the following questions.
  1. What is your name?
  2. Where are you from?
  3. Did you take the first course in this specialization?
  4. What's your favorite movie? Why?
  5. What's your favorite animal? Why?
1.Hi,my name is Darina,but most of my friends and relatives call me Dasha.
2.I was born and live in Ukraine.
3.Yes,I did.
4.It`s one of the most difficult questions for me because I adore watching movies.I like all genres ranging from cartoons and ending with dramtic films.I especially like old films.One of my favorite is "Gone with the Wind".I believe that it`s one of the masterpieces of cinema.Immediately after watching this film,I read the book and was delighted. If you haven`t watched it,then do it!
5.My favorite animal is dog.It`s no wonder,bacause I have a dog and it`s my best friend.As my father says "The dog is almost human". It`s true as my dog can reassure,amuse,protect me and what is the most important-he loves me.It`s the best animal in the world.I`m sure that those who have a dog,will agree with me :)


WEEK 1


Shopping
Submitted on November 20, 2016
Choose a topic below and then choose two items to compare. (You can think of your own items to compare or choose one of the examples, but make sure you choose items that are different from each other, not similar.)
You will write a short paragraph comparing the two items you pick. Use at least 5 comparative adjectives and 2 superlative adjectives. You can use other adjectives too.
Topic 1: Sports
examples: Kobe Bryant vs. Steph Curry (NBA) / WWF vs. UFC / women's soccer vs. men's soccer
Topic 2: Movies
examples: drama vs. comedy / Batman vs. Superman / watching in a theater vs. watching at home
Topic 3: Shopping
examples: Louis Vuitton vs. Gucci / Honda vs. Toyota / online shopping vs. shopping malls
Sample Assignment:
Watching movies at home on TV is so much better than watching movies in a theater. One reason is that at home, it's more convenient to take breaks while watching if you want to get something to eat or use the restroom. At the theater, it's more stressful to go get a soda because you might miss the most important part of the movie. Another reason that home is better than theaters is that my home is quieter than the theater. At theaters, people always talk during the film, and it's noisy. The biggest reason that I like watching movies at home is that I can fall asleep while watching and I don't have to wake up and drive home. This makes watching movies at home easier than watching at a theater.
 Topic 3: Shoppingonline shopping vs. shopping malls

I am a person who likes shopping so I can see the difference.The traditional shopping is to go to the mall.This is a more convenient  way since you can see the goods ,touch,try on it and sometimes even to bargain with the buyer. This method is more reliable .But there is another way -online shopping. Nowadays it`s becoming more popular than shopping malls .This is the easiest way to find a particular item and the best way for a person who doesn`t like to go shopping .Besides it is a better and faster way to buy something at discounted rates.Online shops often organize different sales where you can buy goods less expensive than in the mall.As for me, I use these two options.

No comments:

Post a Comment