Thursday 24 November 2016

A mysterious story

This story happened to me and my close friend Sherlock Holmes 2 months ago.As you know,I keep a diary where I notice the most interesting investigations which we have already revealed.Therefore,I am going to share a very mysterious  incident with you.
It was a perfect sunny day and thtere were no signs of trouble.When all of a sudden someone knocked the door.I heared the hasty steps and then a frightened woman darkened the door of our room."Please,help me ,nice people!",-she cried.I immediately realized that something terrible had happened to her,as she was sallow,hollow-cheeked and dull-eyed.She had heart in her throat.Holmes offered her a glass of water,but she refused a proposal."Don't worry about me,Mr Holmes,the best of all would be to help my children".Sherlock asked what had happened ahd what was her name.This poor woman told that her name was Jane Bolton and her two sons and other children had mysteriously dissapeared.She noticed  that smth strange was happening in their village,because some boys had already dissapeared  the month before.The police were still searching for them,but she didn't really trust them.She hoped that only we could help her."I know that a well-known convict was caught in your village",-said Holmes and added:"But I don't think that he has killed your sons."Then  Sherlock got up from the armchair and began feverishly pacing the room.After 30 minutes he said that he was absolutely sure that all children were alive and he would like to visit the village and find them.You even couldn't imagine how quickly Sherlock solved this riddle.As for me,it was one of the most difficult challenges with which I have ever encountered.On our way to the village Holmes showed  to the near standing building and asked to stop.When we went out of the cart,my friend pointed at the abandoned hospital."That's where the secret lies",-he said.When we entered the hospital(I would like to notice,that the atmosphere there was very sinister),Sherlock began to...call children.You couldn't believe me,but then two boys looked out from the other door."Hi,guys!Where is the rest of you?",-asked Holmes."Tom and Bill have just gone to find some food,but what are you doing in our shelter?",-faltered one of the boys.My friend strictly replied that he would not answer their stupid questions and ordered them to go home immediately,because their parents were waiting for them.
I was impressed with his method and asked how he managed to solve this mystery.To my surprise,everything was very simple.A very famous killer had hidden his treasure in the old hospital,but fortunately he was caught by the police.One boy knew his secret and told about it to his comrades. Boys decided to hide from their parents in the hospital and find the treasure.But they didn't know that this convict was caught with the help of Scherlock Holmes and his useful deductive method.The treasure was transferred to the local museum and young gold-prospectors were left high and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment