Wednesday 16 November 2016

My experience of speed dates

When my best friend Yaroslava offered me to get a speed dates, at first I thought, she just wanted to runk on me. But Yasya seemed too serious at that moment, so she was not kidding. As you can imagine, I am suspicious about such ideas, I am sure, just private people, which are afraid of meeting in other more usual places (for instance, in parks), show up on speed dates. I always thought, that I was not this type of people, but I was not in a relationship at that moment, so I said yes.
One fine day I put on my favorite purple dress and go in a charming restaurant named «Vanilla». My first partner is an ordinary gay, which doesn’t seem as a person with strange hobbies, but first impression is deceptive. As it turned out later, he is  a musician and his band “FreedOm” will give the first concert in two days. He was called Sasha, but he asked me to called him Rem, because that’s his nickname and he got used to being called so.  I don’t think he is a good romantic partner for me, but we could be a really good friends, so I am going to visit his performance . Then special bell rings, what means  we must switch seats.
My next partner  is… I don’t remember him at all! I can’t even remember his name, not to mention his appearance. But the only thing,  I can say about that gay is that he is a wet blanket. We have ten minutes and all this time he was talking about his collection of ancient  coins. Please, do not think me self-centered, but he even don’t ask me what is my name!  I am looking forward to the end of our communication. The third guy is dressed in a suit and makes very favorable impressing, but… Well, guess what?! Oh, you’ll never guess it because such ridiculous situation could happen only with me! Ok, and with ten women, which are in the restaurant  at this moment. This man is a cultist and he is trying to get me into a cult. He is telling me about Kingdom of Heaven and all this bigot’s stuff. I begin being mad  Yasya because of her crazy ideas. Finally, I begin  hate myself for my inability to confront her crazy ideas!
Man, who is next, looks tired and exhausted. I know how he feels, I bet I’m not looking my best too after all this speed dates (OMG, I have another 6!). He tells me his name and calls this evening the most strange experience in his life. I give him a smile of understanding and say my name. Then he offers escape from here. Well, idea is good, but very complicated, because we are under the gaze of watchful eyes of manager. But he grabs my arm, we run through the restaurant and find ourselves outside. Artem  invites me to take walk together and then he’ll guide me home. I say yes, because he make an impression of interesting person (our escape is enough to be sure). And I have not regrets!

So that is my experience of speed dating. The only thing I want to tell you, please, never be afraid of something new, because you can lose a great  experience or a great person!

No comments:

Post a Comment