Wednesday 16 November 2016

What a terrible invention – speed dating!



What a terrible invention – speed dating! I haven’t tried anything worse, I swear.

Okay, I knew it would be a stupid idea but my friend totally insisted on going.

Firstly, the bar was looking like a barn! Can you imagine that? I was afraid of mice which could suddenly appear. I was disappointed and unmoved. Then the first man came. I’m quite a proud person, you know, but that man was too modest, shy and too young. He was literally a teenager who had wet behind the ears. I really wanted to laugh and cry at the same time or even run away. The next one seemed to be quite merry and witty but then I heard his blue jokes and was just like, «Oh my God!». It was definitely annoying and wicked. Are you ready for the third man? Okay, he was a redneck, without exaggeration. So, I lost my mood. Then I got to know the fourth one who was so lighthearted that cared only about his new BMW. I thought that he didn’t need a girl at all. The car was above everything… And the last one was such a heartthrob! But I was not supposed to be the tenth girl or one of the crowd. So, I went out really upset.

Dear girls, I don’t recommend such dates. Even if you have a huge desire to find your real love, you should not search. Your heart will do this. 


8 comments:

  1. Lera,you have got a good imagination=)
    I noticed,that you don`t use punctuation marks at all.Please,pay your attention to these details.
    It appeals to me,that you used our active vocabulary from Chernovaty=)And the last one,we use "which",when we speak only about inanimate things(I was afraid of mice which could suddenly appear)
    Well done!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lera! It was interesting to know your opinion about speed dating)
    What about mistakes, it was really hard to find its) But I noticed one. You used "that" in the sentence "Then I got to know the fourth one who was so lighthearted that cared only about his new BMW". I think it's wrong. In my opinion, it's would be better to use "who" or "which" instead of "that" because you say about person, not about inanimate object.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear! oh, I meant "that" not in the definition "хто" but "що" (був такий легковажний, що хвилювався тільки про...) :)

      Delete
  3. Lera, you have done a great job! It was so interesting to read your story! All sentences are built correctly. There is only one mistake,which has already mentioned by Kseniya.
    You should use pronoun WHO in the sentence "I was afraid of mice which could suddenly appear".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lera! Well done! You did a great job, so I didn't find any mistake in your work if not include the one mentioned by girls above!Your story is also interesting, I've never gone to speed dates, but I hope that they are not so awful as you describe them. But thanks for review, I'll take into consideration your advice in my real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Valya! :) Thank you so much for your feedback!

      Delete