Wednesday 16 November 2016

Hi,my dear diary!Today I am going to share my impressions with you.
I have never gone on a speed dating.I think that these kinds of meetings will be never crowned with success.I know that nowadays people prefer to make friendship in such quick ways and in most cases the hearty meetings turn into real relations between two loving people.As for me,it's not the best way to find your soul mate.
But yesterday my close friend Kate told me that she had organized a meeting for me with some perfect guys the day before.Firstly I was offended and confused with her proposal,because she did not let me know about it beforehand."You don't have a boyfriend,that's why you have nothing to lose."-was her answer.And I agreed.At 7 p.m. I was ready to leave the house and try my luck at the local cafe.I am not going to tell you about the first two boys in every detail,because they didn't charm me.I can only say that the first guy was too narcissistic and the second one was a stupid sportsman.As my granny always says:"After rain comes fair weather".So,I was not dissapointed and decided to wait for the last guy.Drake,as was his name,seemed to me very friendly,intelligent and purposeful.Moreover,he had a good sense of humor and made a good impression on me.I concluded that Drake was very attractive person and can keep the conversation in every situation.Our speed dating turned into a real date and I was very happy.I look forward to our next meeting and believe that it will be in the nearest future...Oh,Drake has just sent me a message!!!!!!!!I must go,he is waiting for me in the park.Bye!

7 comments:

  1. Dear Helen, honestly, your English is so perfect that I found only few mistakes.
    I think, you should to say impression (without "s" in the end) in the first sentence.
    That's all, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!Elena, your story is really amazing))And I can say that it`s perfect)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your dreams to come true)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Elena) Your story is so nice and romantic) Your imagination is wonderful)
    But you have some mistakes. Firstly, the right variant is «I have never BEEN SPEED DATING». The next mistake is «at the local cafe» you meant that you are inside it and its better to say «in the local cafe». And also in every detail is better to say in plural. In the sentence « I concluded that Drake was very attractive person and can keep the conversation in every situation» you need to use Present in every part: «I concluded that Drake is very attractive person and can keep the conversation in every situation». By the way English equivalent of «поддержать разговор» is keep UP the conversation. And the last one is construction «I AM looking forward to our…».

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ,I agree with your corrections,but not with all of them.You told me that I must write "I concluded that Drake is...",but when we have Past Simple,we have to use Sequence of Tenses:Present Simple(is)--->Past Simple(was);
      "I am looking forward to our" is a correct variant,I agree,that is my mistake,but I also know that "I look forward to"we use in the letters.

      Delete