Wednesday 16 November 2016

Speed Dating

Last week I met my old friend in the shopping centre.She told me about her new boyfriend and how she is happy with him.I was really surprised when I found out that they met on a speed dating.Since I was alone and  I decided to go.Why not?Nothing ventured,nothing gained.On the Internet I found an ad about a speed dating in one of the cafes in our city.Frankly speaking,it scared me,but at the same time it was interesting to me.In the cafe wasn`t a lot of people,but enough  to be able to choose .As people say «the first pancake is always lumpy»,my first candidate all 10 minutes spent with his phone and didn`t say a word.The second candidate was very attractive,but he spoke only about his ex-girlfriend.Moreover,he asked me to make a selfie with him .And then he uploaded it to Instagram to induce jealousy.It find me in such a state of confusion.The third candidate immediately offered me to go back to his place.It was the last straw .I didn`t wait for the end and went to the bus stop.I was very upset and started to rain into the bargain.At bus stop I started to cry when suddenly someone gave me a napkin.I turned around and saw a cute guy.As it turned out he also was on a speed dating and it also was unsuccessful .He offered me to go to a cafe and to have tea.We talked a lot and then he followed me home.Today we are going to the cinema.I haven`t decided whether this speed dating was unsuccessful or vice versa-fortunate.

3 comments:

  1. It's very romantic story. I really like it.
    But I noticed one mistake. Your part of the sentence "my first candidate all 10 minutes spent with his phone" is incorrect. You have to invert the order of words in a sentence It would be better to say "my first candidate spent with his phone all 10 minutes"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your story is very nice, but I want to correct it.
    -"In the cafe wasn`t a lot of people,but enough to be able to choose" It's better to use a structure "There is...There are" For example:"There was not a lot of people in the cafe..."

    ReplyDelete