Tuesday 15 November 2016

Speed Dating

   One day I and my friend Liza decided to go to Speed Dating. We heard about it on the Internet. Everybody praised it, gave a pieces of advice to be sure to go. So we found some free time for it.
   We were very serious about it. We chose the best dress, did hair, manicure, all for amazing look.
   On the way I imagined how guy should looks in order to be liked me. He must be in suit, with a beautful smile, good maners and charming perfume.
   When we came on, there was no one like my ideal. But I know one very good  phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" and i was hoping it would work.
   On these mini dates I have asked questions that I  have came up previously and some answers pleasantly surprised me. I thought I was just lucky that exactly there people came there that day. Although I haven't met my specail someone and my friend hasn't too, we didn't regret that we went there. We familiarized with many interesting and vivid persons. What's more, we comunicated with them so far.
   This Speed Dating left a lot of good memories of a pleasant atmosphere, easiness and positive emotions.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Kate! Nice job! Such a lovely story! I wish it were true :)
    I've just really imagined the details. Thank you for that.
    But I've found some mistakes. Hope, you don't mind my correcting.
    Don't you think it would be better to use, "My friend and I" in "One day I and my friend Liza decided to go to Speed Dating"?
    To my mind, there is a mistake in "gave a pieces of advice". You don't need the article.
    Speaking about the punctuation, you've forgotten to put a comma after "So" in the fourth sentence.
    Were there two dresses, 'cause you've written "the best dress"?
    Maybe, it would better sound, "had our hair done and got our manicure - all for amazing looks" instead of "did hair, manicure, all for amazing look"?
    Let's correct the third paragraph: "On the way I imagined how guy should looks in order to be liked me. He must be in suit, with a beautful smile, good maners and charming perfume." You've missed three articles. And creating the Passive Voice, don't forget to put "by". There's a small problem with using "should". It's Past Simple, so, "had to" would sound better.
    The fifth paragraph has some misprints. I'm dead sure, you know those words. It's just a human factor.
    And maybe, it would be great to use "those people" instead of "there people".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,Kate!I really liked your story,it is a fantastic)))I absolutely concordant with Valeria and I think that it would be much better to write "My friend and I",because in Britain people prefer to put themselves on tne second place and use a such polite form in their sentences.Maybe I am not right,but to my mind you had to write "to go to THE speed dating",if you wanted to mention a concrete date.
      And the last.I can suppose that it would be better to write"...how guy should be look like.."I am absolutely sure that you have done these marginal mistakes by chance,or maybe these corrections are my fault

      Delete
  3. It`s really interesting story))However, I would like to change some sentences. Firstly, we always say “my family and I” or “my sister and I”. So, will be better to say “One day my friend Liza and I decided to go to Speed Dating.” Secondly, in this sentence “We chose the best dress, did hair, manicure, all for amazing look” you used word “dress” in singular but on my mind it should use in plural: “We chose the best dresses, did hair, manicure, all for amazing look.” And the last two mistakes that I should mention are connected with this sentence “Although I haven't met my specail someone and my friend hasn't too, we didn't regret that we went there” and this “What's more, we comunicated with them so far.” I think would be better to say “Although I haven't met someone special and my friend hasn't too, we didn't regret that we went there” and “What's more, we communicate with them so far.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kate. I liked your story, but during reading I looked for some mistakes.
    First of all, you should to pay attention typing any text, because you can make some mistakes.
    Then I am sure, it is more better and polite to say "my friends and I".
    You should say "dresses" and "should look" in third paragraph.
    What about smile, I advice to say "charming".

    ReplyDelete