Tuesday 27 September 2016

Tricky English Grammar

Type your 5 sentences with collocations or phrasal verbs here. Then type 5 new tricky grammar points with explanations and example sentences. Be sure to number them.

1.If you don`t know the meaning of a word,look it up in a dictionary
2.I need to take out a book from our university library
3.Tom wanted to take her out on a date,but she broke an appointment
4.I hate getting up early in the summer
5.If you would like to taste  the national cuisine of any country,you should eat out in different restaurants and cafes.

1.get at-to touch or reach successfully:My little brother can`t get at the top shelves and take the book
2.go about-to start doing something:He tried to recover and went about his work
3.fly at-to attack something or someone fiercely/to be angry with somebody:A rabid dog flew at Bill
4.come round-to improve:I hope things will come round in the nearest future
5.feel for-to feel the emotional pain that someone else is feeling:You are my best friend and I really feel for you


2 comments:

  1. Hello, Lena. Nice job. For you to pay attention: it's better to write: "I hate getting up early in summer". If you write "in the summer" you mean this very summer, but I believe it's a general statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !!!:)You gave me a piece of good advice!!!;)))

      Delete