Sunday 25 September 2016

Coursera Week 3

Type your story below. Make sure you use at least 10 words from this week's lessons.

A Sad Story or My Dear Mrs.Beautyspot

Do you love your neighbours? I used to. 
I adored an old woman with a kind heart. She wore funny green glasses because she had the weak sight like everyone of her age had. 
I spent probably every summer day of my childhood in her garden. Mrs.Beautyspot, that was her name, baked incredibly tasty cakes, so I was a huge fan of her desserts. We ate, drank much tea and had long cosy conversations, It was the best leisure time ever, I swear! I haven't been so addicted to different websites and social networks yet. I've just lived and enjoyed! 
Besides, Mrs.Beautyspot had an absolutely fantastic library. It was my source of inspiration. I felt like a fish in water, trust me! Some books were often borrowed by me. As far as I remember, my first choice was "Alice in Wonderland". Since that time I can hardly imagine even a day without a book. Mrs.Beautyspot called me the bookworm. She advised me what to read and what wasn't worth my attention. Sometimes we had competitions, you know... Mrs.Beautyspot was farther along in any book than I was. What an excitement! 
Last night I was reading "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen and thinking of Mrs.Beautyspot. It was her favourite novel about high feelings.
It was such a pleasure to go through the pages and collect those sweet memories in my soul.
God, I'm grateful immensely for Mrs.Beautyspot's influence on my life. I wish she were still alive...

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Valeria! But I think there should be no full stop after "Mrs"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God!!!Lera,this story is fantastic,like a mini fairytale;)))I enjoyed it;)

    ReplyDelete