Tuesday 27 September 2016

Coursera. Week 4

This assignment has two parts. First, write 5 sentences with collocations or phrasal verbs from this week's lessons. Make sure to use them correctly. Then think about other tricky English words or phrases that give you difficulty. Use a dictionary to look them up. List at least 5 new tricky English words or phrases that were not mentioned in this class and explain their meanings using your own words. If the words or phrases are hard to understand, give an example too. Then use the new words or phrases in sentences.


1.I have to go, I need to do my homework.
2.Before going to bed, brush your teeth.
3.Never give up on achieving your dream.
4.Keep on studying, I will not disturb you.
5.I am looking for my phone.

1. Saying `the English` or `English language` is wrong. You have to use `English` or `the English language`.
2. Using `5-years-old` is wrong. The right variants are `5-year-old` and `5 years old`.
3. The sentence `I want him help me` is wrong. You need to use `to` before the second verb.
4. The sentence `She said they will love her` is wrong. `She said they would love her` is right because of sequence of tenses.
5. The sentece `However they admitted it.` is wrong, because you need to put a coma after linking words.

2 comments:

  1. Dasha, great job! I hope you are enjoying "Tricky English Grammar".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback! Yes, I`m really enjoying this course.

      Delete