Sunday 18 September 2016

At the Office

Write a dialogue using lots of gerunds and infinitives. Include several requests or questions asking for permission. Use a minimum of 3 gerunds, 3 infinitives, and 3 requests or questions asking permission.
Type your dialogue here. Be sure to use at least 3 gerunds, 3 infinitives, and 3 requests or questions of permission.
- Would you close the window, please? I have a fear of cathcing a cold.
- I`m sorry. I hate working when it`s hot.
- Ok. What about my closing the window and switching on an air conditioner?
- Certanly. Furthermore, can you borrow your pen? I have forgotten to take mine again.
- Of course. Would you mind having a cup of coffee?
- I`d be happy to. To have a chat over a cup of tea or coffeee is always a great idea, isn`t it?
- Yes, it will help us to relax. Besides I can't  postpone having a lunch.
- It's worth mentioning that lunch is a necessary thing at this part of a day.
- May I suggest our having a short rest at the cafe? Moreover, it's a real chance to air the room.
- Don't try to convince me to leave the office.
-You are so stubborn. Let's continue to work.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Diana. Great job! I am impressed. You have written a very good dialugue with lots of gerunds and infinitives. The only thing that should be corrected is the last sentence. It should be "Let's continue working" - this way it sounds better English. Keep doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete