Wednesday 14 December 2016

My Conclusion



I’ve found this video very useful! The information has been absolutely new for me.
So, now I know that 2000 years ago the language would have been incomprehensible.
1000 years ago English had established its first base camp.
English is the language of over a thousand million people all over the world now.
Modern English can be traced back to the same family – the Germanic family of languages.
In the year 491 dramatic invaders laid siege and slaughtered the Celts.
It was a kind of surprise for me that English had taken its roots with the revival of Christianity.
Indeed, while Latin was extremely powerful, the prevailing language among the people was still old English. Now old English is written down using Latin alphabet.
Most of all I liked the place the old Roman for dependency that had been a faithful one for the English language.

No comments:

Post a Comment