Wednesday 7 December 2016

One day of Theo's life. Preparations for the celebration of Christmas

Hello! I am Theo and I want to tell about my preparations for the celebration of Christmas. Tomorrow I woke up early in the morning and I was full of good mood. When I had looked out of the window, I saw a lot of white color. It snowed all night and it meant that winter began. Frankly speaking, I love winter very much, but I don’t like snow. As you know I have eyesight problems. So, it’s difficult for me to orientate on the street, especially when everything is covered in white. Nevertheless, first my thought was “The festival comes to us! Yippee!” I thought about Christmas, about the fact that all my friends and relatives will gather round the big festive board, smiling each other and saying “Merry Christmas!” It was like mood-amelioration drug and I decided to start preparing for the celebration right now.
I wanted to do the present myself. I thought that it would be wonderful if I make the picture-card. But I needed someone’s help for it because of my eyesight problems. So, I called my friend Jake and he yielded a ready consent.I was a little nervous, because this idea seemed impossible. I've never done anything like this and I didn't know if I can do it. But in spite of my fears I promised myself that though I may fail, I will still try. Jake helped me very much. He drew every small details and I painted my card in different colors. We really enjoyed our work.
Eventually, we made wonderful card. There was Christmas tree in the middle, next to it my family was painted and of course there was firework in the sky. I can’t imagine the festival of Christmas without it.
I hid my gift under my pillow. I hope no one will find it ahead of time.Now I’m looking forward holiday coming. It will be wonderful!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kate! You've remembered me that Christmas preparations is not only the title of the tapescript we should learn by heart)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kate!
    Your story is gorgeous! But I've found a few mistakes. Let's check it from the very beginning (we'll skip "Hello", of course).
    So, the second sentence is okay. But there is one problem in the third one. You used «tomorrow» instead of «yesterday». It’s the Past Simple, isn’t it?
    The fourth sentence is in the Past Perfect. I think that it would be better to use just the Past Simple.
    The fifth one demands the Past Perfect Continuous. «It had been snowing all night» would sound better, because it was earlier and «all night» needs Continuous.
    The sixth and seventh are okay. But the eighth one has one mistake, to my mind. I guess, it would be better to write «Everything is covered with white».
    The ninth sentence is okay but the tenth one demands the Future Perfect. So, you need to write, «would gather» because you’ve talked about the past.
    It would be great to correct «now» on «that moment» in the eleventh one.
    Speaking about the twelfth sentence I advise you to change «to do present» on «to make present».
    The 13th one needs correcting «make» on «made», to my mind.
    The 14th and 15th are okay. In the 16th one it would better to use «seemed to be impossible».
    Let’s correct «can» on «could» in the 17th one. Speaking about the 18th sentence it would better to write «I could fail, I would still try».
    The 19th one is okay. The 20th sentence demands the British variant of «colors» - colours. The 21st – 23d are okay. Maybe it «couldn’t imagine» would sound in a proper way in the 24th one. The 25th and 26th are nice.
    And 27th one needs «to» in «look forward».

    ReplyDelete