Wednesday 14 December 2016

Darina's Bondarenko story / Corrected

The day began as usual. I woke up in the early morning, brushed my teeth and came to breakfast. I went out to take the bike and met my neighbor Mrs. Finch. She called Good morning, Theo! I'm here, on the right». Mrs. Finch was a wonderful woman, but she was so old and still can`t understand that I was not totally blind.
I was riding a bike and enjoyed good weather. I felt  the sun's rays on my skin and the wind in my hairI loved the wind. It couldn’t be seen ,but could be felt. And most importantly, it was with all the people and not only with me and my eyes.
I went into the gym and walked over to the group.  James greeted me and told about an incredible event. There was a girl in the group. Previously, there were only boys. Other guys told that her name was Alexandra and she was 9 years old. Our teacher came in and began training . I stood up on my place and suddenly heard a voice : «Hi, I’ll stand next to you, okay?» .I realized that it was a girlish voice, the most beautiful voice in the world.
Training was over and I went to the locker room. I groped for my backpack and went to take a bike. There was another bike next to my bike. It was so bright and rainbow that even I could see him. There were Alexandra in front of him. « Weather is wonderful ,isn`t it  ? It’s the best time for a walk in the park»-she said.
We went to the park and settled on the grass. Alexandra told me that when she was 5 years old, she had an accident together with her parents,where she received severe injury. She had an eyes surgery 2 years ago, but it did not help. I was impressed that in spite of all this, she was so optimistic and cheerful. And most importantly, she was self-assured.
For the first time I met someone who fully understood me. I had a best friend Jack, but he had never saw the world through my eyes. I was really happy and we laughed when
Alexandra told that once she could not distinguish her dog and she brought home a pariah-dog.

At home, I thought about Alexandra (I still remember Alexandra) and her words«Despite everything,life is a wonderful thing, Theo».

                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment