Sunday 11 December 2016

coursera/week 4

Type 5 sentences with adjective clauses or appositives that need commas.
Then type 5 sentences with adjective clauses or appositives that do not need commas.
Remember commas are needed when the information is additional and not necessary. Commas are not needed when the information is necessary in the sentence.
1.My friend Alfred advised me to read this book.
2. Taras Shevchenko, the greatest Ukrainian poet, was a serf.
3.  Peter Blake is an actor who likes challenges.
4. Her best book, which was writing for 2 years, can’t become a bestseller.
5. My sister Jane is 30 years old.
6. My mom, who is a teacher, drives a black car.
7. The girl who won this competition is named Kate.
8. Lexus, my sister's dog, likes to swim in a lake.
9. Kate’s dog Lexus is a Cane Corso.
10. Mrs. Harrison, the principal at my school, wears dresses every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment