Saturday 4 February 2017

Panegyric on a young friend

      Recently, my fate made me a gift. It was fortuitous meeting  with my old friend – Regina. We had become friends  way before we met  in the  bus, which was packed as sardines  lately. Together we got out in wrinkled  clothes at the next stop and started to  talk a blue streak. Regina was  a fairy girl, happy as a clam , there seemed the world was her oyster. I was slightly older than she. The thing I like about her was the milk of human kindness. Regina studied  at the University of Medicine , in the Pharmacologic Department. She had an outstanding achievements in studies. Regina was clever and  hard-working, everything was a piece of cake  for her.
      Well about  me…I had a pile of  complexes, fearing I would have an egg on my face. But I did well in studies, it was readily. I didn`t like  to cry in my beer when something was amiss.
      We had  a lot  of differences  and at the same time,  we were  two peas in a pod. We didn`t mince the words and always told the truth each other, chatted about everything. Regina was my friend for life…We dreamed about finishing our studies, that we would bring home the bacon and  we would became independence. But I was always for the proverb "a bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" , and she was for the "pie in the sky".
       Unfortunately, our paths diverged us for a long time , but now, we are together again!


                                                                             

2 comments:

  1. Such a touching and vivid story! But there are some mistakes:
    1) It was fortuitous TO MEET
    2) "there IT seemed that" or "it seemed that"
    3) Sequence of tenses: The thing I likeD about her was the milk of human kindness.
    4) I guess it was "MEDICAL University"
    5) It`s better to say "I did well in studYING"
    6) It`s better to say "I did it readily" (охотно)
    7) independANT (adj.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment.But in 1st s. i wanted to say not It was fortuitous TO MEET. meeting-зустріч,як іменник, а не дієслово.

      Delete