Saturday 4 February 2017

One day my friend and I bought tickets for the concert of our favourite band “Bring Me The Horizon”. We were happy as clams. However, we didn’t get our tickets by post. I started getting worried, and we called the firm that sold these tickets to us. I became crying in my friend’s beer, but she was going to beat the stuffing out of them. They said we have to wait a little and then go to the post office. We were in a stew because the concert was the next week. After half a week we went to the post office to resolve this fine kettle of fish. They found our tickets and started bettering us up. We were so mad that did not minced the words saying that their service was dead meat. The next week we finally went to Kyiv by train, a little exhausted but happy in expectation of the concert. My friend had offer on the table to come hours earlier to have the best place in the first fan zone. We waited there for a long time, really, but this was worth it. The show was peachy keen. Incredible. Perfect. We will always remember this day. And now we have some more plans concerning other favourite band’s concerts.


2 comments:

  1. Really interesting and emotional story! But you have some mistakes.
    1) Sequence of tenses "I started getting worried, and we called TO the firm that HAD sold these tickets to us" "They said we HAD to wait"
    2) It is better to say "I STARTED TO cry in my friend’s beer"
    3) Sometimes you miss articles (was A dead meat, had AN offer on the table)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your reply.
      There were no articles in the book, so i thought that i didn't need to use them. I will know it the next time.

      Delete