Monday 8 May 2017

Week 4 | Coursera

You will get a chance to demonstrate your ability to use all of the verb forms and tenses you've learned. You will choose one topic below to write a paragraph on using present, past, and future tenses correctly. You also need to use passives. You will need to be creative so that you can use a variety of verb forms. You must include at least 10 verbs in correct form and use at least five different tenses correctly. At least one of your verbs must be a perfect progressive verb (present, past, or future) and at least one must be passive. You will type the paragraph here for grading. Italicize your verbs so they're easy to see.

Jigger Girl or My Best Memory
     The childhood is the most exciting period in my life . When I was a child, I spent much time at the village where my grandparents have been living for 20 years. Many of my fond memories are connected with my past-time there. The story which I am going to tell you was named " Professional jigger girl " by my relatives. My friends have heard this story several times.
     It was the time when the first apples start to appear on the tree. The apple-tree at our garden have not been even blossoming for 5 years. But the trees at neighbours' garden were thickly hung with fruits . The apples were beckoning us to taste them. We decided to "visit" their garden in order to " borrow" some apples. We had been waiting for the right moment for 15 minutes before we dared to commit that mini-crime. I am sure that you have no idea what will happen next. While my grandmother was picking apples , I heard a distant murmur of voices. It seemed to me that it must have been produced by our neighbours. "Grandmother! Skiddoo! The neighbours are coming!", Ι warned my "bonnet" of the danger. It was so loud! And as soon as I screamed , the dogs started to bark. Fortunately, we had managed to escape by the time the neighbour opened the door. What a professional jigger girl! 

P.S. I have already posted all my 4 assignments. This time they are very interesting. Read and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment