Monday 15 May 2017

Coursera. Noun Clauses and Conditionals

Week 1
Type 3 complete sentences with noun clause as subjects (noun clause + v). 
1)The fact that my favourite team haven`t won made me cry.
2)The fact that I had great marks at school helped me enter the university.
3)The fact that I was in a whole mess of trouble shown me how many friends I have.

Type 3 complete sentences with noun clause as object of the verb (s + v + noun clause). 
1) My sister believes that I'll give her new earrings for birthday.
2) I wait when you`ll give my book back.
3) I am thinking where you can hang this picture in your room.

Type 2 complete sentences with noun clause as objects of a preposition (s + v + prep + noun clause). 
1) Sara is the owner of that red cycle.
2) I am not resposible for what you are going to do.

Type 2 complete sentences with noun clause as subject complements (s + be verb + noun clause). 
1) Bob`s problem was that he didn't do his homework.

2) Fried potato is what I was eating when James came.

Week 2
Type 3 complete sentences with quoted speech. The rewrite each one with reported speech (for a total of 6 sentences). 
Sue: "We will write English test tomorrow"
Sue said we would write English test tomorrow.
Dad: " I am going to wash my car"
Dad said he was going to wash his car.
Jack: " I bought several interesting books in sales"
Jack said he has bought several interesting books in sales.

Type 3 sentences with noun clauses. Then rewrite each one with a reduced noun clause as an infinitive (for a total of 6 sentences). 
1) I decided that I will go to bed before 10 p.m.
I decided to go to bed before 10 p.m.
2) I hope that I will win next tennis competition.
I hope to win next tennis competition.
3) I expect that I will recieve a new bicycle for my birthday.
I expect to recieve a new bicycle for my birthday.

Type 3 sentences with noun clauses. Then rewrite each one with a reduced noun clause as a gerund (for a total of 6 sentences).
1) Nick appreciate that you are true friend.
Nick appreciate your being true friend.
2) I do not understand why Jane wants to be a doctor.
I do not understand Jane`s wanting to be a doctor.
3) I recommended that Tom try to add less salt in dishes.
I recommended Tom`s trying to add less salt in dishes

Week 3 
Type 1 complete sentence with an "ever" word in a noun clause.
Children are very happy when adults take them in a shop and say they can choose whatever they want.

Type 4 complete sentences with real conditionals in the present or future using if or only if. 
1) If it is hot outside, I usually put on my hat.
2) If it snows tomorrow, we will not go skiing.
3) I will throw a party only if my friends help me with preparation.
4) Mike will tell the truth only if he is threatened with punishment.

Type 3 complete sentences with real conditionals in the present or future using unless, provided, or as long as. 
1) Provided you deal with this task until 6 p.m., you will be emloyed.
2) I will date with him as long as he stops smoking.
3) I won`t take new tasks unless the company pays for my previous work

Type 2 complete sentence with noun clauses using wish.
1) I wish we were friends with Joe from a parallel form.
2) I wish we would gather tomorrow and play baseball.

Week 4
Type 3 complete sentences with unreal conditionals in the present or future using if. 
1) If I were you, I would pay more attention to training pronunciation.
2) If Nick had thick hair, he would not buy wigs.
3) If I had long legs, I would be a model.

Type 3 complete sentences with unreal conditionals in the past using if. 
1) If I hadn't broken my arm, I would have taken part in volleyball competition.
2) If their car hadn't been stolen, they wouldn't have bought train tickets.
3) If I had accepted their invitation for the party, I wouldn't have been bored for lack of an occupation.

Type 3 complete sentences using mixed conditionals. One part of each sentence should be about one tense, and the other part of the sentence should be about a different tense. 
1) If I had taken a medicine, I wouldn't have a stomach ache now.
2) If I were you, I would be spending my weekends in USA.
3) If Sue had worked harder at school, she would have a better job now.

Type 1 complete sentence with a conditional using if that can be omitted. Then rewrite the sentence with if correctly omitted (this makes an actual total of 2 sentences). 
1) If I were you, I would use suntan lotion during sunbathing.
2) Were I you, I would use suntan lotion during sunbathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment