Monday 31 October 2016

Coursera

                                              Week 1 

                                      My Ideal Weekend

Type your paragraph here. Be sure to use at least 10 nouns and to use articles and quantifiers correctly.
I my family and my best friend went to a forest last weekend.It was a wonderful vacation!Firstly, we walked through the forest and picked some mushrooms.Secondly, we prepared a lot of dishes.We fried some meat and vegetables.After that we played volleyball and tennis.Finally, we found a lot of beautiful flowers near the river.It was a breathtaking landscape.I received a great deal of positive emotions. 

                                                                       Week 2 

                                     Dialog Between Friends
Type your dialogue here. Be sure to use at least 3 gerunds, 3 infinitives, and 3 requests or questions of permission.
- Hi Mary, I`m glad to see you.
- Good evening Ann, I`m glad to see you too.
- Would you tell me about this book?
- Of course,but may I tell you tomorrow?Reading is one of my hobby, but I didn`t have time to read last 20 pages.
- No problems, I can wait until next day.
- Would you like some tea?
- Yes, I`d  like to have a cup of tea.Do you know that I intend visiting Barcelona next month?
- No, you didn`t say that early.I hope you go shopping there.


                                                                     Week 3
Type your story below. Make sure you use at least 10 words from this week's lessons.
I felt sick yesterday, but I`m better today and going to the walk.I borrowed some money for dessert before go out and hurry up.I hope, I`ll meet Alice in a park because I need some advice from her.I read that free concert will be tomorrow, it`s amazing!We should go because previous one has a lot of compliments. After that we lay on the grass near the tall tree and talked.Alice told about her successes in art and how hard it is to achieve.Despite this, she didn`t regret about this choice. 

                                                                       Week 4

Type your 5 sentences with collocations or phrasal verbs here. Then type 5 new tricky grammar points with explanations and example sentences. Be sure to number them.
1.You will have a high salary in your new job.
2.She should fill out an application form for her chief.
3.Parents advised Mary keep away from bad company.
4.He picked out his wedding suit.
5.They rent a car for this holiday.

1.Ask around - ask many people the same question.I asked around but nobody has seen my wallet.
2.Bear out - confirm.Other witnesses will bear out my testimony.
3.Nail down - make someone say something precisely. He promised to come but we`ll have to nail him down to a date.
4.Make fun of - laugh at/make jokes about.The old lady dressed so strangely that the children make fun of her.
5.Come up against - be faced with or opposed.The project came up against a lot of criticism. 

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment