Monday 17 October 2016

Coursera Week 4

I needed to switch the sessions, that's why I can do some tasks only right now. But it's better late than never, right?
Type your 5 sentences with collocations or phrasal verbs here. Then type 5 new tricky grammar points with explanations and example sentences. Be sure to number them.
1. The bride has gone, so this wedding should be called off!
2. Oh, dear, you can pick out only one dress!
3. This article is difficult to understand. So, I have to look up a lot of words.
4. When Linds saw her mistress, she literally walked out!
5. His wife isn't interested in cooking, that's why they eat out regularly.

1. To look ahead - to plan something
Darling, look ahead and never give up!
2. To pull back - to recede
Their enemies were stronger, so they were forced to pull back.
3. To give over - to show something 
I will never give over your secret, you can trust me!
4. To break through - to go through difficulties
He is fearless! He is ready to break through!
5. To pull round - to get better
Are you still ill? When will you begin to pull round? I miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment