Wednesday 19 October 2016

Coursera tasks

Coursera. Week 1

Hi, dear mates. I want to tell you about my visiting a community named "Point Eduspace" to a free lecture of one American millionaire. There were a lot of people different ages and professions. American English is difficult of course, but we understood a great deal of his speech. Much time he was speaking about her life and way to success. I realised exactly, he visited Lviv several times and liked some cups of Ukrainian beer. The whole time he has lots of work and even about 100 people work on the logistic firm of him. He participated in two wars. Nowadays he makes his grandsons to marry only to "white" women. Everybody asked some questions about his attitude to Ukrainians. 
Speaking with him gave me a great deal of motivation for improving my English skills.

Coursera. Week 2

Ann: Hi, Den! 
Den: Oh, Hello Ann. I am fine, thanks. And I am glad to meet you today. 
Ann: I listen to you, what do you want? 
Den; Can you imagine, some days ago I agreed to do the great project for Historical Department. So, I have a little time and any idea. 
Ann: Ok, I understand! You decide to ask me about helping, right? 
Den: You are right, of course. Can you do it for me? And what do you mean to do now? 
Ann: Honestly, I was going to visit a Library. Well, I will do it tomorrow. So, can you give me a notebook and read the main task. 
Den: Yes, one minute, please: "Would you imagine yourself doing daily household duties at least six centuries ago? Write an essay and illustrate with examples of art of the chosen period." 
Ann: So, You must consider all your actions and write an essay on at least 12 pages. I offer you to work together. So, I will give you the main idea and you will design it as well as you need. 
Den: Lets begin to do it at the moment.

Coursera. Week 3

Some days ago my husband and I went to the nearest restaurant. We ordered the main dish, two cups of coffe and two portions of desserts. Honestly, my eyesight isnt good at all and I didnt notice, that these desserts were so expensive. Yes, it was only my sin. So, we had to borrow some money. Before visiting the restaurant my friend gave me some advice according to choosing dishes. So, second dish, called "Dry desert", was like a complement to meat. In the evening I succeeded to visit restaurant website and found out the recipe. I cooked it next morning and my husband said, that it was a good choice. I am sure it was a compliment for me.

Coursera. Week 4

1. I got up an hour ago in my new flat. 
2. How are your shoes holding up. 
3. He got out of bed on the wrong side. 
4. Everybody in the crowd began to speak out. 
5. If workers walk out, they will not got any salary.

Enter university - (go into a new place) - we must use this verb without any preposition. 
                          She felt nerwous as the entered the room.
Pay BY cheque - it is correct form, but in different situations we can say "pay in cash" or "pay cash". 
                          Did you pay by cheque or in cash.
Shout AT smb - you should use it when you are angry and you can say "shout TO so" in a situations when someone can bear you. 
                          He was very angry and started shouting at me. 
                          He shouted to me from the other side of street. 
Concentrate ON - with this verb we must use only this preposition. 
                          Concentrate on your work.
Proud OF - we use it if we speak about someone or something. 
                          I am quite proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment