Friday 17 March 2017

Week 3 | Assignment 2 | Coursera

   Type or paste your story here. Remember to use past perfect and past perfect progressive verbs correctly. It is ok to use other tenses too as long as they are correct.
Date or Nightmare
    Last summer I had the worst date ever. After contemplations we had finally agreed to meet at 8 o'clock . I had been preparing for our date since 2 o'clock . I had been choosing what to wear and how to make up for an hour . I had finally made up my mind : a red dress and smoky eyes . By 5 o'clock I had called a cab. When a taxi-man called me , I had already put on my coat.
   When I came to the restaurant , he had already been at table. He was very handsome . His smile was the most wonderful thing I had ever seen.  He had been talking about his life for 40 minutes. Then he had been keeping silent for 20 minutes. He dared to tell me about some interesting story:
- I had been sitting behind bar for 16 years...
I dared to ask about the reason.
- I killed my wife ... you are the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment