Saturday 11 March 2017

Coursera. Week #3

Practice writing sentences using the past perfect tense. Write 5 statements or questions that require past perfect, and use it correctly. Be sure to number them.

  1. I had no desire to go to the cinema yesterday, because I had already seen this film.
  2. I hadn't studied German before I entered the university.
  3. I got a bad mark at school because I had forgotten my essay at home.
  4. Had you cleaned up your room by the time guests came?
  5. The lesson had started before we reached school.

Write a story about an exciting event in the past. This can be a true story or an imaginary story. Use lots of past perfect and past perfect progressive verbs. Use both affirmative and negative statements. You should write the story in paragraph form and use at least 6 sentences.


Day of Friends
My friends and I have a wonderful tradition! Every year, on June  9th we celebrate Day of Friends. 
I discovered this holiday for me 5 years ago. But when I told it my friends, it turned out they have already known about Day of Friends. As a result we decided to organize its celebration every year.
When I was 17 years old, we have had the best celebration ever. I have been waiting for it since our graduation from school as I wanted us to gather together again.  We threw an unforgettable party!!!  Boys came to the house of our classmate earlier and made all preparation. When girls and I arrived, everything have been done and boys have been expecting for us. We danced, sang to a guitar, laughed and had fun. I haven`t thought that it could be such a perfect party!!
Day of Friends is one more reason why I wait for summer. I haven`t seen my friends for more than 6 month and I miss them. Hope we`ll  meet soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment